OLDSCHOOL.CO.NZ CLUB DRAG DAY - 2018 EDITION
Location: Meremere Dragway
Date: Saturday December 8th, 2018
Time: 8:00am Scruitineering
10:00am - 3:30pm Racing
Cost: $80 entry fee.
The event is open to all oldschool or Retro cars and bikes (from the black plate era and earlier). Dispensation on this rule may be granted to Oldschool.co.nz members.
We will be running the full timing system this year and the afternoon will consist of competitive DYO races. The electronic timing will be in use throughout the day, so you'll receive an ET and a trap speed at the end of each run as well as a printout of all your vital statistics )including reaction and 60 foot times).
The entry fee includes a spectacular gourmet lunch (sausages, bread, onions and a drink) for all drivers. Spectators can purchase lunch on the day but please note that there are no EFTPOS facilities - Cash only.
Rules, requirements and answers to some frequently asked questions:
- An Oldschool or retro car or bike running SLOWER than an 11.0 second ET
- Pre 1989 vehicles take preference for entries but we will consider some vehicles that fall outside this category for Oldschool members.
- ONE entry per vehicle. If you want to bring more than one vehicle then that is fine, but each vehicle will need to be paid for separately
- Registration and WoF, or for non-roadworthy vehicles an NZDRA tech inspection or MSNZ logbook
- A crash helmet, up to current standards
- Covered footwear
- All Rotary powered manual vehicles will need a scatter shield or approved bellhousing (with proof of approval). Automatic transmission equipped rotary powered vehicles running an ET of slower than 10.0 seconds are exempt from this rule.
- Radiator overflow and secure battery
- Semi slicks are permitted, as are stripped interiors and open headers. No full slicks as the rules permit DOT rated tyres only.
- We are not running a prepped track. This pushes entry fees up by at leas twice the cost. Be careful.
- No passengers permitted
- No static burnouts on the track other than on the designated burnout area.
- Fire and clean up gear is provided by the track team, but if you cause a spill or require use of the extinguishers you will be expected to reimburse them for these costs
- No animals permitted on the track.
- No alcohol or drug consumption permitted on track, pits or staging area.
- Put the date in your calendar and and get started on preparing your vehicles (and yourselves) for the day! Please tell your friends with old vehicles that they're welcome to enter! We encourage new faces and cars at this event, just like at all Oldschool events.
Last year was a beauty so let's step it up again and make this one even better!